Media Advisory: Indianapolis Fire Department: Date: Tuesday July 26, 2016
The Indianapolis Fire Department is conducting a firefighter hiring process.
Applications will be accepted from – August 1, 2016 to September 2, 2016
Applicants apply here:
• Requirements for Application
• Must be at least 21 years of age and not have reached 36 years of age by time of appointment to IFD
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have no felony convictions that have not been expunged by a court
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be a US Citizen or legally able to work in the US
• Must be willing to reside in Marion County or a contiguous county
Increased Eligibility NEW – this year
If applicant has completed 20 years of Military Service with honorable discharge and will not exceed 40 years and 6 months of age at the time of appointment to IFD – they are eligible to apply for a position as a firefighter.
Benefits of Employment
Salary: 1st Year $39,446
2nd Year $47,651
3rd Year $64,052
Insurance: Life, dental and medical.
Pension: Eligible for retirement after 20 years; eligible for benefits at age 52.
Vacation: Paid vacation in second year of service . Kelly day every third week .
Training: On-duty physical fitness training. 22 weeks of Fire Science and EMS training . State certification as an EMT.
Follow IFD on Twitter – Facebook – Instagram – IndyGov – IFD