Several members discussed forming a veteran’s group within the fire department. There have been varying ideas on what the group should represent. We’d like to join together and shape our own familial organization of firefighters who have served in the military. Our purpose is camaraderie, support, and community service.
Please join us on 22 September 2016 at the American Legion, 601 S Holt Road to break ground on this new organization. The meeting agenda will be to deliver the main focus of this group and solicit ideas for us to begin putting our organization together. Some of the things that we’re working to establish:
• Fellowship: A place to share ‘war stories’ among those who have the common bonds of military service and the fire service.
• Support to our firefighting brothers, sisters, and their family while they are deployed.
• Advocacy with the VA for benefits and care. Identification and assistance with resources. Peer support for our own.
• Contribution to other veteran’s groups through community service.
• Recruitment and mentorship of veterans seeking careers in the fire service.
• A really cool t-shirt.
Many firefighters within Central Indiana have a lot of knowledge and connections that could be great resources for other veterans. Our hope is that you can help us form this group and provide your talents. Service is not a requirement to join. Our focus is to provide fellowship to those of us who share the unique common bond of dual service to community and country. Please join us:
22 September 2016
601 S Holt Rd
This group is open to any military veteran who is a member of emergency services in Indiana. We are excited to be forming something new. Come be a part!
The American Legion will be open at 6:00 PM. They will have their kitchen open and bar service.
If you have questions, please contact Kevan Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org.